Pumpkin Chickpea & Coconut Curry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 and 1/2 cups pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 - 14 oz. can of coconut milk
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 1/2 cup cashews, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Sauté onion for two minutes and add ginger and garlic. Sauté for another minute until fragrant and onions are soft and translucent.
- Add curry paste and pumpkin. Combine and cook for another minute.
- Stir in coconut milk and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add broccoli and simmer for 5 more minutes, uncovered.
- Stir in chickpeas, cashews, and lime juice.
- Serve with cilantro on top.
Tofu & Vegetable Soba Noodles
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- Coarse salt
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 package extra-firm tofu, drained, patted dry, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 red bell peppers, ribs and seeds removed, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 1/2 pounds broccoli (1 bunch), broken into small florets, stems discarded
- 1 pound bok choy (1 head), trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cook soba noodles in a large pot of salted water until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain, and then rinse with cold water; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add tofu and season with salt. Cook, tossing occasionally, until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a plate; set aside.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-high. Add bell peppers, broccoli, bok choy, garlic, and red pepper flakes; season with salt. Cover (pan will be very full) and cook, tossing occasionally until vegetables are crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together almond butter and 2 tablespoons water, then whisk in vinegar and soy sauce. Add reserved noodles, tofu, and sauce to pan with vegetables. Cook, tossing until noodles are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir-fried Asian Green with Tofu
- 2 teaspoon peanut oil
- 2 centimetre (10g) piece fresh ginger, cut into slivers
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 100 gram gai lan, coarsley chopped
- 100 gram broccolini, coarsely chopped
- 150 gram baby buk choy, coarsely chopped
- 100 gram firm tofu, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon tamari
- 2 teaspoon coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- Heat oil in wok. Stir-fry ginger and garlic until fragrant.
- Add vegetables, tofu, water and tamari.
- Stir-fry until greens are just tender.
- Serve vegetables sprinkled with nuts